Christine Barber - State Representative, 34 Middlesex District
Matthew McLaughlin - Alderman, Ward 1 Somerville
Mark Niedergang - Alderman, Ward 5 Somerville
Andre Green - School Committee, Ward 4 Somerville
Somerville Labor Coalition - A coalition made up of 6 municipals unions representing roughly 600 municipal workers including:
- Somerville Municipal Employees Association
- Somerville Police Employees Association
- Somerville Firefighters Union Local 76
- SEIU Local 888
- Somerville Superior Patrolman's Union
- Somerville Custodians Local 3
Greater Boston Labor Council:
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers - Local 2222
- International Brotherhood of Teamsters - Local 122
- United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners - Local 218
- International Association of Heat & Frost Insulators & Asbestos Workers - Local 6
- Internation Union of Engineers - Local 4
- United Food and Commercial Workers - Local 1445
- Plumbers and Gas Fitters UA - Local 12
- International Association of Iron Workers - Local 7
- National Association of Government Employees/SEIU - Local 5000
- Boston Metro-Area Postal Workers - Local 100
- Communications Workers of America - Local 1400
- International Union of Operating Engineers - Local 4
"The Somerville Police Employees Association, without reservation, endorses Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman. In addition to being a strong advocate of labor, Jesse, through his work with Somerville Overcomes Addiction, has proven himself to be very capable of taking on complex social issues." - Michael McGrath, President
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 2222 Endorse Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman
"IBEW Local 2222 is proud to stand and endorse Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman in Somerville.
Jesse has continually fought to stand for working men and women, fighting for collective bargaining rights, standing on picket lines and advocating on labor's behalf.
A true friend to labor and community activist."
- Julio Delacruz, IBEW 2222 Chief Steward, Executive Board Member, and Somerville Resident
"I'm a proud member of Plumbers Local 12 and lifelong resident of Somerville. I urged my union to get behind Jesse Clingan's campaign for Alderman of Ward 4.
My union seeks to protect the public and ensure the health and safety of our environment. Jesse shares those concerns and has proven it with his commitment to fighting for the use of skilled union labor but additionally with his tireless and ongoing fight against the opiate epidemic in our community.
This is very personal for me, having lost my only child to this deadly, complex disease.
I am very proud to announce our union's endorsement. “
– Bobby DeLellis
Resident of Ward 4 and Member of Plumbers & Gas Fitters Local 12
United Food & Commercial Workers International Union Local 1445 Endorse Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman
"Local 1445, is pleased to endorse Jesse Clingan -- not only is he a great candidate with an undeniable passion for Somerville, but he is also a union brother and former Local 1445 member. There is no doubt that you are best candidate to represent the hard working men and women of Ward 4 and the entire city of Somerville." -- Jim Carvalho, Political Director, UFCW Local 1445
International Association of Heat & Frost Insulators & Asbestos Workers Local 6 Endorse Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman
"My kids grew up with Jesse and I've watched him mature and become a strong community leader. I'm proud to announce my union's endorsement for Jesse," said Jack Lister, Ward 4 resident and Business Agent for Insulators Local 6
"I know that Jesse Clingan will be a strong advocate for working class families in Somerville. His dedication to the labor movement and to his community is real and he'll never waver from his principles." said Payton Corbett, Teamsters Local 122 Trustee, and Somerville Ward 1 resident.
United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America Local 218 Endorse Jesse Clingan for Ward 4 Alderman
"Carpenters Local 218 (Somerville & Medford) endorses Jesse for Ward 4! The officers of the union wrote: "We believe you will have a strong voice for organized labor, along with an open-door policy with respect to your constituents."